The Faculty of Medicine has two Colleges:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (established on 2nd October 1962)
- Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College (established on 1st January 1996)
1. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College consists of the following departments:
Pre-Clinical — Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology.
Para-Clinical — Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine.
Clinical — Ophthalmology, Oto-rhino-larynogology (E.N.T.), Community Medicine, Medicine, Paediatrics, T.B. & R.D., Psychiatry, Dermatology, Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Obst. & Gynaecology, Plastic Surgery, Anaesthesiology, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy.
2. Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College consists of the following departments:
Clinical — Prosthodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Pathology/Oral Medicine & Radiology, Periodontics & Community Dentistry, Pedodontics, Orthodontics & Dental Anatomy, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics.
The faculty has following two centres attached to it.
- Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Interdisciplinary Brain Research Centre
Both these colleges have attached hospitals.
Faculty offers the following courses:
- P.G Diplomas
- M. Ch. (Plastic Surgery)
- M.Phil & Ph.D
It is compulsory for every student to complete the continuation formalities in each academic session in order to remain enrolled. Non-compliance may invite penalty or removal of name.
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the College & University Campus.